Philadelphia is one of the oldest cities in the United States, home to hundreds of historic figures, places, and events as well as a thriving modern nightlife. If you are looking to call this historic city your home for the first time or just planning a move across town, these five neighborhoods will offer you […]
Philadelphia Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of Philadelphia piano movers is between $300 and $600. Several factors influence the final cost of hiring professional movers to transport your instrument, including:
- Type of Piano: A piano that weighs more and takes up more space will increase the cost of transport. Uprights and spinets (approximately 300 lbs.) are much lighter than grand pianos (500 to 1400 lbs.) and are typically much cheaper to relocate as a result.
- Age of the Piano: Another factor to consider is the age of a piano. Older instruments tend to be more delicate, which in turn requires special handling and crating. Of course, it’s well worth the effort to ensure that your vintage piano is treated with white gloves.
- Stairs: Navigating stairways and multiple floors takes a lot of care and effort. If your piano requires relocation up or down the stairs, be aware of additional fees. To learn more about specific pricing, please reach out to us today.
- Required Services: Does your piano require disassembly? Need special crating? Storage service? Our partners are ready to help! Whatever your needs, we’ve got you covered with these added services (additional fees do apply).
- The Distance of Move: Moving locally versus over a long haul can affect cost. In general, long-distance moving is more expensive. Local moving companies typically charge by the hour, while interstate movers charge by distance and weight.